TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, April 29, 2010

All The Pretty Pollen

As geeky and/or kooky is it may have been for me to walk around our yard taking close up pictures of flowers, I did just that.

Actually, some of you may have or will do this.  However, I bet you wouldn't squat on one foot lean as far down as you can without kissing the sidewalk or even better lie on your back with camera pointed up in the air in order to get the right angle on your pictures...of flowers...  but I just had to document this.

Every time a car went by, I'd jump up, start whistling and pretend I was just strolling so they wouldn't catch a glimpse of me in an awkward position and think I was off my rocker.  We live on a busy road, so let's just say I got my exercise.   ;o)

I guess I could call this the fruits of my labor but I can't take credit for all this unexpected beauty.  That glory goes to God for giving us this wonderful gift.  This is one of those rare years in which everything bloomed all at once.  Spring flowers and Summer flowers.   So, it's quite an explosion of color all over the place so I'm going to share what's been keeping me outdoors so much in the past couple of weeks.  We've been eating on the patio a lot this month!  Only downside to all this bloomage is the pollen.  My mother told me we have record levels due to everything blooming at once.

Word for the Day:


FLOWER: 
Pronunciation: \ˈfla(-ə)r\
Function: noun

A plant cultivated for its blossoms

TEROLATION

Pretty righteous dirt decor!!


Rose/Don Juan Climber on a trellis I made out of an old screen door.  Someone was going to throw this away, so I got it, stained it and painted RustOleum on the center part.
From Spring 2010
From Spring 2010
 Wisteria

From Spring 2010
Snapdragon (Sown from Seed)

From Spring 2010
Azalea (Encore)

From Spring 2010
From Spring 2010
Azalea (Encore) Color: Sunset

From Spring 2010
Rose/Chrysler Imperial (Hybrid Tea)

From Spring 2010
From Spring 2010
Irises

From Spring 2010
From Spring 2010
Rose/Iceberg Climber

From Spring 2010
Rose/~Not sure of the name~ Climber

From Spring 2010
From Spring 2010
I had so many blooms this year that I've got enough flower arrangements to go around

From Spring 2010
My favorite:
From Spring 2010

FYI:  Iris buds will bloom after cutting.  They don't dry out in bud form like some flowers do.  I had cut out a lot of buds and got ready to throw them away because I assumed they weren't any good.  I saved them just in case.  They actually bloomed and just after the others became spent.  I got many many days of this same flower arrangement just by changing the spent flowers out with the buds.

So, we have Irises coming out of our ears... More buds
From Spring 2010
and some more
From Spring 2010

No comments: