TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is PERSONAL

FOR THE FIRST TIME I BEG YOU TO READ IN ENTIRETY.  I HAVE A POINT that's important.

I have not been able to bare looking at a computer screen very much for the past month if not longer. So forgive any typos. If you read this blog on occasion, you're used to them.

Out of seven days of the week, I'm almost completely DEBILATATED with migraines off and on throughout the day. EVERY DAY. I'm going through Imitrex like candy. What's worse is that the Imitrex and Maxalt (these are non narcotic sumatriptans) make me feel lethargic and very weak. Sumaprose (sp) injections are worse because I feel as if I'm having a heart attack.

However, I have a five year old, so suffering through them without taking something to ease the migraines is not optional. Plus in the past when I have decided to just "suffer through them" they can get out of control so bad to the point it can leave me almost catatonic and go right through night and day - for days. They are so bad that I haven't seen a lot of family that I needed to be there to see and in the least even my own parents whom I'm used to seeing my mother and talking to over the phone once a day. Right now that only happens for a minute max every couple of days because I can't take the noise of the phone. So bad that I won't allow my parents to see me  - because of the pain it causes them to see me go through that much pain and stand by helpless.

Even worse is the guilt of my son seeing this and wondering if he feels it's his fault. I've explained to him that mother had these long before he existed and since he's five AND very healthy he seems completely unscathed by them. But I really won't know that to be true until he's old enough to grasp it. It worries me because like his mom and his Great Uncle this kid has an extraordinary long term memory from an early age. Short term, like remembering to aim while peeing after he's been told a million times...not so much. ;)

That being said, imagine how much it breaks my heart to 1. See a toddler go through just a headache at his age and ask to go to the doctor for a shot!! (KIDS DON'T ASK FOR SHOTS!!) because he's in so much pain.

Also to know that his mother is having to watch her child not only deal with headaches, but other symptoms from a disease that is a FAR CRY from chronic migraines.

Those of us that are parents have friends, and we've seen sick kids before whether they be close friends, acquaintances or strangers on the news or youtube that get past around from good people who know it's easy enough to just share.

THIS IS NOT A STRANGER. I know this mother. Though I don't talk with her much these days. (In the past month I hardly am able to talk at all).  I've known her for a very long time. I've shared hilarious moments with her. I've known her to be a fighter, a survivor and at times a force to be reckoned and a wicked sense of humor with some wry wit that I tend to find fascinating but that was then.  I have no doubt she may still be all these things, but right now she is a mother of two beautiful young children and one dealing with an extraordinary circumstance and just wants hope AND help. Right now this is the LEAST I can do. In time I hope more.

In stats I noticed this page got a hit of 40 people on the 13th of July. That's quiet some time since I've posted so I know it gets seen a lot. Considering I get .001 percent of comments considering the traffic I could easily assume that people stumble on it by accident but I do know which posts are hit and how often.  I don't mind never getting comments because if you read in the title this is more of a journal (if not a neglected one it seems at times) It's for my family and whoever finds it interesting or helpful.

But, THIS WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL!!! NOT COMMENTS, but VISITING, THEN SHARING RIO's PAGE AT THE LEAST.

At most, those who can, DONATE and get this boy to Texas to give him HOPE. [Link coming up] but let me sell a little more before you bounce on it and bounce back off and go on about your day.

If anyone has ever suffered a bad migraine, headache or any ache so bad you can't open your eyes. Please commiserate. I did't start suffering migraines or even bad headaches (that I can remember until I was 14. I'll never forget the first day of the worse. It was so bad a female senior had to pick a freshman (myself) off the bathroom floor and carry me to the office. I remember my mother's concern then. Years later I remember the look and helplessness on my Dad's face when I was an adult and he watched me suffer through a migraine.  It wasn't the last but definitely milder one compared to others. I only let him witness 2 more bad ones because for parents... It's heartbreaking.  And I could see it on his face. The only thing worse is a toddler going through the pain.

SO I'm beside myself with the feeling of what it must feel like for this mother when she watches her BABY cry to go to the doctor for a shot. A Baby...Asking for a Shot...

Please just take a couple of seconds to watch this. Share this. For Rio. For my Friend.

I may share this more than once.  So if you get aggravated by seeing it over and over, understand I do it because some of my friends have like 1,000 friends in their feed and posts are missed.  I miss so many from so many people's I love seeing but even though I try not to "over friend" I still got a lot going on in my feed. So bare with me, it's for a child. We can't do everything about every baby that is sick for our friends or even for strangers, but like I said this is personal to me and this is the least I can do.

I'll make a vow. I mentioned that I'm of the candid sort. I'm a person that is very capable of sharing ups, downs, in betweens, I do so because in the past I went through some really "worrisome times" and while going through them I turned in to a basket case and started to spill and in spilling I found out I (who thought I was the one and only) going through that problem was actually one of MANY going through the same problem.  Plus, half of my nature allows me to be that way to a certain point.  But lately I have not been candid or upfront about a lot of things.

If I can get enough hits on this to prompt people to share - If I can see it as the top hit post, I'll spill - I'll let myself be a wide open gate for something I'm going through (and I'm not talking about my health problems but have kept only to myself, close and trusted family members and TWO friends. A bombshell. From my perspective anyways.  I'll make it as juicy as I can albeit not so much that it affects my son. BUT, that means this post has to be hit enough to bounce to the most hit post. Until then, I'll save it for the book. ;)

On a serious note:   Rio... little man needs some hope  So does Mommy. Please share and share until that little boy and his mom are singing.

The Stars at Night - So Big and Bright
(clap clap clap clap)
Deep in the Heart of Texas.

In case you missed it above the rambling:  Sweet Rio

For my friends and family that love the following little man who will be turning six soon! FINALLY. Think if it were him. Or your sweet babies..
Picture from mid May I never got to post. Notice his shoes. (letting a 5 yr old dress him self - could have been so much worse.. good job D.)

No comments: