TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Little People Are Special Too - The Socializer

Although this person has only been in my life 2 years short of a decade she's just as special as the rest.  It's not only because on May 1, 2002 for the first time in my life I knew I'd have a permanent title of someone's Aunt.  It's not just because she's turned into such a wonderful little girl either...but it might have a little something to do with those things. ;o)


I'll never forget the overwhelming feeling when I met Natalie Ellen for the first time.  I remember it like it was yesterday; there I was sitting at the table on the patio on a gorgeous day in Brazil in 2003 surrounded by gorgeous scenery.  My first cousin, Misty, and I had arrived in Belem the day before and didn't get to the farm/plantation until late that night.  So there we were at the main house waiting for  Emma Brown to bring her out.  I looked up and saw Emma appear in the doorway holding a sweet 15 mos. old and I immediately felt my heart being stolen.  She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my life.  I was absolutely speechless.


Over the years I loved hearing stories of her personality or that the way she talked reminded my sister-in-law and brother of me, hearing her say I love you Aunt Teri over the phone just made it impossible not to be terribly fond of her.


Because she's lived thousands of miles away for so long and I've only been able to see her every couple of years (until now) I'm able to remember every moment I've gotten to spend with her and they were all special.  And each moment has brought something new.  One year we picked them up from the airport and she ran straight into my arms and didn't stop hugging me until I had to put her down.  She'd not seen me since she was 3 but still she acted as if she'd missed me the whole time.  And later when we were back at the airport to send them home to Brazil she was stuck to me like glue as I held her so Emma Brown and Brian could check in.  It's like she was making the most out of the last hug she'd get from me in a long time...Who wouldn't eat that up??



Natalie Ellen, you have grown into such a special little girl and I couldn't be more happier to call you my niece.  I love you love you love you.  I know you are having an exciting time moving into the new house and the package you got in the mail.  I hope it was something wonderful.  Continue to be the good girl that you always are and help out your mother every chance you get.  I will talk to you soon!

BIG HUG!!!

Love: Aunt Teri, Uncle Clint and Dax.


No comments: