TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

Dax is the lightest sleeper on the face of the earth, besides me of course. Snap your fingers, and he's wide awake. I know all of you with Toddlers know about the 5 minute nap. They fall asleep in the car on the way home for 5 minutes and think they've had their nap for the day. You always try to get them from the car to the bed and tucked in without waking them up. Doing so is one tall order. Winter makes this twice as hard since you have a coat, hat and etc. to pull off without waking your sleeping angel. Oh and heaven forbid they need a diaper change.



Which was the case with Dax this day because he'd finished off an entire fruit shoot in the car. Nonetheless, this was the challenge I was presented with a couple of days ago. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor. I'm also starting to get the impression that he listens to our subconscious pleas. Remember my last post... Here lately, I constantly, "subconsciously and consciously" whine about not being able to get one waking minute to myself, though I've never prayed about it. ;o)  This day, it was as if God was saying "Okay I get it, my seemingly ungrateful and whiney child, Here's a chance for you to have that minute to yourself but first you must complete your challenge. Manage to get Dax undressed and diaper changed without waking him and you get 1-2 hours to catch up on chores. (Usually Dax has to have me ly down with him to take a nap - me lying down for 10 minutes puts me out like a light so I end up napping with him.  Him napping without me is a rare occasion, esp. lately)

I figured it was a long shot but with 1-2 hours of free time at stake, you know I had to try... Game On!

The Challenge: Getting Dax tucked into proper nap position so he doesn't awaken too soon uncomfortable and freaked out.

The Dilemma:  He needs a diaper change AND there are no sheets on the bed due to wash day.

Play Call:  Forget trying to put sheets on the bed before nap, that's just too impossible but diaper must be changed otherwise mattress will get ruined since mattress cover is also in the wash.



Round 1:  Shoes, Socks and Pants.

Round 2:  Unbelievable, Diaper changed!!

Round 3:  Toboggan off! Whew that was a close one, but will she be able to swing the coat?

Round 4: One arm out.

Round 5: Both arms out! All that's left now is sliding his rain coat out from under him.

She did it!  She did it!  By Golly, she did it!! 

 
Can you believe that I didn't even have sheets on D's bed either.  Not that it matters, he never uses it.  I don't know why I still wash them with the other linens, he doesn't even use his bed for naps. The other day I almost thought about taking the bed completely down, but somehow I'd feel guilty by doing that. However, it definitely needs to go back into his room, but taking it completely down is the same as saying we're not even going to try to break the co-sleeping habit at all.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Naptime Confessions said...

Love this post! Your life sounds almost exactly like mine!