TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, April 15, 2010

April Showers = May Flowers

I can't commit to the "Thursday's Thirteen" that some people do, but I can do it at least once a month.

So here's what our April has been like thus far:

1.  Dax and I pullin a "George Jones" on the John Deere every now and then (minus the drinking and DUI) when it is too hot to push around the stroller and Dax totally digs it.   We rode down to a nearby friend's house.  They weren't at home, so, we cut their small lawn and cut the word "YO" in the field next to it just to make them scratch their head wondering.

2.  A strapless mu mu sundress seems like it'd be appropriate for staying around the house attire.  That is until Dax caught site of the bug man carrying his scary looking container while spraying the house.  Scared Dax  bad enough to yank hard on said strapless dress letting me know he wanted to be picked up immediately!   Poor bug man!  At least I was wearing modest underwear... However I'm still embarrassed so I'm going to set a reminder for myself to run errands on "Spray Day"  of each month so the bug man is allowed to spray away in peace.

3.  I realized just how much of a rut I got in this Winter being a stay at home mom/housewife when my husband informed me he was "proud of me" after several days of coming home to me actually wearing makeup and dressed nice.  I totally had the "that's not going to be me" attitude... but it happened.  So sue me, I had a rough year... ;o)  ha ha.  But I promised him AND myself I wouldn't let the rut catch me again. Lancome, Clinique, Merle and Cover Girl - it's wonderful to see you.  Glad we're friends again.

4.  Best way to ensure a cold front after 90 degree weather... break down and turn your air conditioning on.  An outside temp of 40 degrees will show up overnight.

5.  Chatty Canadians in Target that verified my opinion that they are the friendliest/best sense of humor people on planet earth.  After talking with them a bit I felt safe enough to ask what part of Canada they were from though they hadn't said.  When she asked what gave them away.  I answered her back with "aye."   She said that was their version of our southern "huh."  Touche and very true.  Dax is already saying "huh."   I enjoyed talking to them so much I wanted to take them home with me! 

6.  YARD WORK!  That's all I have to say about that.

7.  Dax has now learned how to climb over the furniture which means my computer days are VERY limited.  He makes a beeline straight to the computer keyboard and bangs on the keys with enthusiasm.  Dax has also found another high gear to shift into when it comes to speaking jibberish.  Says "I - U" for I love you, can ~almost~ count to ten (he does this when he's trying to stay awake) and has all the sudden become bashful when around people but more so when he's around kids.

8.  For the 1st time in my life I've actually kept a New Year's Resolution.  We haven't made it through the whole year yet but I've heard doing something for 30 days is long enough to make a habit.  Our new habit (New Year's Resolution) is sitting down for breakfast and dinner together as a family at the dining room table.

9.  We have our very own stalker.  I have to admit, although he's strange, shady and a little dirty, he's a total cutey. He comes to the front door. Then the back door. Then back to the front off and on through out the day. Even though he's cute, we don't pet him or go outside when he's around.
From Miscellaneous
10. After taking a nice little drive in the country we passed this. Creepy isn't it? What's creepier than a vacant bulldozer in the middle of no where?...this is!!
From Miscellaneous
From Miscellaneous
11. Going to Jacqueline and Eli's house to take a stroll around the "compound" and having wonderful fun albeit my frustration with Dax hitting the "bratt" phase of being bashful and fussy to everyone besides us and the grandparents. He wanted to play with Eli's toys but wasn't very inviting to play with sweet little Eli. He also pitched a fit when I was talking to another baby at church Sunday.  I hope it is like they say, he's just hitting a phase... 6 mos. ago he was the total opposite. However, we're lucky that's the only time we see the "bratt phase."  He's a total sweetie any other time.

12. Laughing at Dax steering us in circles on the lawnmower. I know the lawn mower is not a toy and we don't use it as one. But, since he LOVES riding on it... and I'm just amazed he's able to turn that tight steering wheel.

13. Waking up to finger joint stiffness and pain every morning. It's official. I'm Old! That's the most damning evidence I've received thus far. Yes I actually did imagine myself being forever young. I've now had my rude awakening... literally.

Until Next Month's Thirteen, enjoy your Spring!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Love your posts! I'm coming to walk next week with ya'll!! Hope all is well with you all!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Something you already know - is that Jac is one of the funnest people on earth to talk to. But our mom talks are becoming invaluable.