TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Coping Device

I constantly get asked "how do you manage?" referring to the constant severe cluster migraines I've been having for a long time now. You know...because I'm never able to commit to anything, I have to cancel on a lot of get-togethers with friends and family (which I dearly love), missed vacations, occasionally forced to be a recluse for days at a time. Worst of all is the unimaginable pain.

Well, this is how.  Dax.   He keeps me smiling, laughing, loving and optimistic. Babies bring so much sunshine to people's life it's amazing!  It's a strong possibility Dax will be our only baby due to my condition but that makes us even more thankful for him.

This is Dax being HILARIOUS... he dumped his dirty clothes out and ran around with his hamper on his head. Running into stuff, rolling around on the floor fussing because he couldn't get out and then when he did he'd put it right back on his head.
From Winter 2010
From Winter 2010
From Winter 2010
From Winter 2010


VIDEO:  The kooky music in the background is Baby Einstein on the TV.

It must be said that Dax doesn't get to watch Baby Einstein or ANY television very often.

To be honest it's not just because too much TV rots the brain (wholesome shows or not) well that, but really because 1. Babies are entranced by these shows and if I've got something I need to do - like put on makeup, take a shower... BE or Yo Gabba Gabba is perfect for keeping him occupied just long enough for me to get it done.

If he got to watch them all the time they wouldn't work so well would they?

and

2. Being a stay at home mom is a mental sacrifice, for me it is anyway. A 24/7 job filled with baby food, messy diapers, nap refusals and bad English is fine but watching too much Noggin or weird music from Baby Einstein would push me over the edge!

BE didn't work so well this time, but the hamper did!!  After 30 minutes of him playing with this thing, I finally decided it was time to get the camera out. Dax being a little less precious... Dax's retaliating for having to try on the flag jumper.

No comments: