TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 9, 2009

Kick-off Tomorrow against the Hogs... Will I be watching?

Probably not. I used to adore football season and never missed an Auburn game. Every weekend brought the opportunity to see something great happen. I've spent time on the edge of my seat watching AU games long before I knew Clint. So marrying an Auburn fan just seemed appropriate. So you would think.

Clint and I love watching the games together, but from separate rooms. Ha ha. I'm a very quite person while watching. Nervous, but quite. Clint is a VERY charismatic fan while watching. He claps his hands [hurts my ears], jumps up and down [FYI - 6'1" 230 lb guy jumping up and down will shake the house, no matter the house or the support], paces... etc. 

So basically, Clint makes me a nervous wreck while watching the games together. Since Dax arrived just in time for football season last year, guess what, I cared a lot less about AU. I still payed attention, but noticed myself staring at him throughout the whole game no matter where we were watching them. After AU lost to Vandy I'd all but given up on them - for the season that is. 

This was in September of '08 watching games at a friends house amongst the frenemies (BAMA fans).  Totally despicable I know! But this pretty much says it all.  I couldn't have cared less about what was going on around me, much less football.  Ha ha.  Not much has changed.

From The Powells


This year since Dax is very mobile I'm missing a lot of the games and seeing most of them in replays. Well, whatever Dax allows me to watch. Unless they are big games, I don't even bother.

Ask me if I care?  no. I suspected this is how it would be and I'm totally fine with that. 

Every Saturday the fun is still there of course. We have our ritual of getting up and starting on the cheese dip and pigs-n-blankets. On days we have company watching with us we cook a pig and pretty much live off of that for the next day or so. The noise in the background is sometimes exciting enough in itself. The most I've watched of a game this year was AU v. West V. The only reason I got to watch it then was b/c we were at Duck and Nicole's and their two children Braden and Kayla (KK) keep Dax preoccupied for some of it. Will I ever get to watch Auburn games by the edge of my seat again. Probably not for a really long time. But that's okay. Clint is fanatical about AU football enough for both of us. Sometimes I think too much. ;o)

Even though I care less and less about football each year, guess what?

That's right - I'll still ONLY wear orange and blue. My stomach still turns when thinking of mistakenly donning a red shirt during football season.   In this household, red is only allowed during off-season Christmas  - I kid you not.  ;o)



From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

No comments: