TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2 Months!

Dax had his 2 month check up and everything looked great. He had his immunizations and didn't cry at all until they got to the 2nd leg. ; )

When Dr. Simpson was checking him out and handed him back to me, he commented on how strong he was. He was in the 50 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for height. So he's still tall. Dr. Simpson had told me to introduce rice cereal with his milk because he feeds every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. He said that he is in the habit of snacking and that he needs to eat every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If he starts getting hungry at 2 hours I would need to let him cry it out (YIKES) until at least 3 1/2. Thank goodness Dax took to this schedule right away thanks to the cereal and we have not had to let him "cry it out." I don't know how well I would have done with that.

But good news, I found out that I can possibly get my milk back enough to at least supplement him. I was VERY upset when I finally had to throw in the towel but I found out that not all hope is lost yet and it may not be too late to start back.

I have also started back to work and it was very very very tough on me the first day. I can't remember how many times I cried that day or felt like crying. Thank goodness Mom kept him during those 1st days back. It really would have been much harder leaving him with strangers (although Jennifer and Kathleen were there to check on him all day they are in different rooms).

Now he's squared away at daycare and doing alright I guess - they absolutely love him. When I drop him off in the morning the lady that is over his room puts whatever baby she has down and picks him up and goes on and on about how cute he is - but is more than ready to get rid of me fast (I guess I probably make her nervous by wanting to linger for a minute or two to check things out. However, when Clint goes to pick him up (which Clint wants to get in there and out) he gets caught up for several minutes because they have to kiss him several times before they will hand him over. So funny!! Of course I probably will never be happy with Dax going to Daycare at a young age, but for now being a stay at home mom is not an option. But to tell you the truth, I don't really know if I could handle being a stay at home mom, I'm so used to the predictable schedule of working for so long. : ) However, if the opportunity ever arises I would definitely try it for the sake of Dax.

No comments: