TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mean Gene Is Alive & Well

If you are from around this little community, you know or have heard of Mean Gene's Barbershop.  His Barbershop is one of the oldest if not the oldest businesses around here.  He's been open since 1968.  I have been going to that barbershop since the early 80's with my Dad, brother, or even my Grandfather (pronounced "Paw Paw") to see the old men sitting around talking about fish'in and football.  The typical Mayberry scene, I kid you not.

Now I go with Clint just for fun.  Clint won't go anywhere else because Gene is one of the few Barbers that still does it the oldtimey way with a straight razor, heated shaving cream and a warm towel.  I guess it's Clint's version of going to the spa?

Marci cuts Dax's hair when I get mine cut, but since he needed it trimmed really bad and I didn't have an appointment with Marci until a week or so I decided to keep with tradition and take Dax to Mean Gene.  Plus, Mean Gene is less than a mile from our house and on the way to my parents house where we were headed Saturday morning.  All I got to say is.. No more.  Well, not until he's a bit older and I don't mind him looking so grown up. ;o)  Gene gave him the usual cut and with the cut went his curls. :o(

From Autumn 2009
It trips me out to look at Dax.  Though Gene did a really good job, Dax looks all grown up and I'm just not ready for that.  ha ha.  It is pretty darn cute though.  It makes him look even more like his Daddy.  Same hair pattern and all.
Mean Gene's Trade Mark


From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

2 comments:

Donna said...

I don't want to choose. They're both precious to me. Get over it, he's going to get older whether you like it or not.

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Aww! I love the curls, but the "big boy" hair cut looks super cute too. Dax is becoming quite the little man!