TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Week In Review

My little angel has turned into a monster handful in just a few short days.  But first things first... pictures not posted:

Pottery party at my cousin Lori's house that I do not see nearly enough.  Lori, I wish we were neighbors, not just for your quick wit and charming personality - it's the Swann in you (j/k don't tell your dad that).

Brooklyn and Jaylee (Dax's cousins) This is as close as I got to getting a pic of all them.  Dax wouldn't cooperate

From Autumn 2009
Jaylee and her mommy Tonya

From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009

From Autumn 2009
Guess you want the update on Dax's leg before I update on anything else.  Dax has learned to not just walk, but run on his cast.  Concerned by this I called the OR nurse and she told me "he shouldn't be walking on it, but, I know he's a toddler and I'm not really sure how you'll manage to do this."   As the Aussies say, "too bloody right."  (I saw the movie Austraila this week and that phrase is stuck in my head).

I tried for 10 minutes on Monday with no success and it wore me out.  The next time I tried, he got mad at me rolled over and kicked his hurt leg on the floor as hard as possible.  It hurt me just watching it.  So we pray and are holding our breaths a little bit that when we go back in a couple of weeks, it'll be healed.  Because I'm at a loss at how to keep him off of it.

Dax doesn't cry when he's in pain, he bounces off the wall in the most obnoxious way.  This week it would be banging on the wall and yelling at the same time for an hour straight.  Stuff like that.  And after the worse possible days, he kept me up all night.  So I knew he was in pain but wasn't sure if it was his leg or teething.  It had me worried at one point, that maybe his leg was hurting him or he'd hurt it worse.  If it does keep up, which it appears to being going away, I'm afraid I'll have to take him back before two weeks and have them check his leg to see.

What's worse, when this kid gets boo boos, he gets them all at one time.  This week, he bumped his head in the crib again and put an ugly bruise on his forehead.  Same bat place.  Same bat side.  I'd put the bumper back in, but I know he'll use it to facilitate his escape from the crib because the cast hasn't effected his passion for climbing up or down.

He managed to yank the blinds down.  The wooden (okay... faux wooden blinds) down.  How he did this I have no idea because the fastener has not budged a bit.  I foresee the nic name Houdini Dax arising.  It didn't hurt him but it did leave a red scratch around his mouth.

And let's not forget the cast, his most prominent boo boo right now.

Dax isn't the only one with boo boos.  On the same day I had three red marks on my face where I got kicked with the cast while changing wild man's diaper and several bruises on my legs from the cast while changing his clothes.

It looked like the two of us got into a cat fight! 

Clint and I are so embarrassed to take him anywhere.  We're afraid people will think we beat him.  But I'm worried over nothing.  Every mom we've ran into has had to ask what happened and every mom has their own story of how they can commiserate.  I enjoy hearing them, but Clint always starts to wonder off. LOL!  And those waitresses at Cracker Barrel... Ooowey! they are strong.  We listened (and watched) as our waitress told us about a 15 min epic long story of how her 15 mos old got hurt one time.  All while holding a huge tray weighted down by tons of plates she'd cleaned off her tables.

Other than that everything is going great.  He's still a sweety, of course, but I did get my first glimpse of why all the baby books said if you get overwhelmed to walk away for 10 mins.  ha ha.  And that I did as soon as Clint walked in the door Thursday.  That day was the first time in a very long time I needed that moment of alone time to get my head together.  Thank you Clint for giving me that you're such a great dad and husband!

BIG NEWS:  I wanted to wait to post this when I had pictures... but ... you'll just have to wait.
Brian and Emma Brown's 5th child has arrived.  Caleb decided to come out of 'his' "alone" time Thursday, November 19, 2009 weighing 7 lbs 15 ozs.  Emma's biggest baby yet.  He was only a week late by the computer's due date.   By the old fashioned way of calculating the due date, he was almost a month late.

We won't be going to Georgia this time, because they will be here for Thanksgiving.  I'll get plenty of pictures then.

Votes were cast (all 11) and Chicken Parm Recipe won.  Coming soon... very soon.

No comments: