TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Where Did Maw Maw Go?!?

Nov. 8th Mom [Maw Maw], Dax and I got to take off to Christmas Village with Aunt Sheila and Leah. We tried to get Misty (my other 1st cousin from Dad's side) to come with us but in her words "why would I pay money to get in the door just so I'd be able to buy more things."

[This is usually the part where if I were saying this in person I'd be doing my best Misty impression while quoting her and those that knew her would be laughing]. Misty, lucky for you in the world of blogosphere it would take too much time and effort to video tape that and add it in – and by that time is wouldn't be funny anyways. Big Hug Misty! ; )

As always, the place was crowded and Mom and I got split up from Aunt Sheila and Leah almost immediately. Which was probably better, because Mother and I pretty much had the same thing in mind, which was to round the dip and soup tables as many times as we could without getting in trouble by the dip people giving out the free samples.

Dax was pretty happy, although I kept both the carrier and stroller umbrella closed a lot so he wouldn't get too overwhelmed. Or, to make sure while I was focusing in on some free dip someone didn't just walk up and stick their finger in his face. I even kept him buckled in his carrier (in the stroller) the whole time we were there unless I was holding him. I may have been too paranoid, but I felt as crowded as it was it would only take a split second for me to turn my head and someone snatch him up had he not been buckled in. It didn't seem to bother him so it all went well.

We finally made it upstairs and by that time we called Aunt Sheila and Leah to meet up with us. Mom told me to "go look at whatever else you want to see now because when they find us we'll be leaving."

Assuming Mom would be in the same spot when got back, I took off to take a quick look around upstairs and left Dax with her so I could do it even quicker. After less than a minute of looking I realized I was too tired and I'd be better off waiting with Mom. When I got to where I had left her – guess what… that's right!! Mom and Dax in the big stroller/carrier were no where to be seen. If anybody has ever been to Christmas Village at the BJCC they will understand why I bout had an FREAK OUT MOMENT!

Before I got carried away (as hard as it was!!) I told myself, stay right here! When they can't find you it'd be the most logical place for them to look.

The one minute that past seemed like an eternity until I saw Aunt Sheila and Leah. When they walked up I'm sure I scared them to death with my flabbergasted look and letting them know I had no idea where Mom and Dax was. As soon as I got it out of my mouth I looked over Aunt Sheila's shoulder and saw Mom very casually strolling Dax looking around coming from the direction of the peanut brittle booth (the FREE sample Peanut Brittle Booth) which Mom had to stop by as soon as we got upstairs and no doubt where she had just disappeared to when I couldn't find her.

Okay, so now we were all accounted for, I didn't see any reason in dwelling on my mini panic attack moment and get after mom for walking off. (Or wait… maybe I did dwell on it for a good justified minute or so… ; ) So, it's time to go home which first we had to go back down stairs to get out. When we were about to get on the escalator I turned around to see if Mom was going to go down with the stroller while I held Dax and

Doh!! She's missing again. Where to? Where do you think? Getting another free sample from the Peanut Brittle Booth. I kid you not!

I tell ya Dax, what are we going to do with Maw Maw??!!
From Christmas Village
The crazy woman herself
From Christmas Village
Leah, messing up a perfectly good picture
From Christmas Village
From Christmas Village

No comments: