TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Tennessee

From Thanksgiving 2008

Since most of the family were going to be out of town we decided to go Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad thought it would be a great Christmas present for me and Clint. This type of Christmas present is our favorite. We had a special and fun time and Clint and I especially will never forget it.

I hated missing the Day after Thanksgiving Day sales, but I would rather be in Gatlinburg to see all the lights just in time to put me in the Christmas mood. So off we went. Dax did really well the whole time. He got fussy from just being tired of the car once or twice but other than that, he made it too easy.

From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008


Our first thing to do while we were their is stop at the Knife Works, the huge store that is sort of like Bass Pro Shop, but not quite. Fun none the less even though I could care less about knives. Later we drove into Downtown Gburg in which it was so crowded! that none of us really cared about venturing out at that time.

From Thanksgiving 2008
Clint, "It's what's for Dinner"
From Thanksgiving 2008

The next day we first ate Breakfast at one of my favorite places Apple Barn and then looked around bought things from the store. After that we headed to Cade's Cove where Clint and I got out and walked around to see all the cabins, Chimney Tops and Newfound Gap in which we got to see a good bit of snow and HUGE ice cycles. When we got to the top of Newfound Gap, it was so foggy that we didn't even bother going ever further to Clingman's Dome.

From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
This was a ten point.  You can't see all the points - but trust me, they are there
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008

We decided to skip lunch and go back through Downtown Gburg while Clint, Mom and I got out of the car while Dax stayed with Daddy driving around waiting for us to get through purchasing my must have fudge and mom's caramel popcorn. It was too misty and cold to get out and walk the store sidewalks, but to tell you the truth, I didn't care anything for it this time. They have so much crap and when I say crap I mean exactly that - crap that it was a bit overwhelming.

We stopped by the Tanger Outlet and after visiting the Sketcher, Timberland and pretty much every other shoe store, we finally found Clint a pair of shoes to replace his nice leather sketchers after looking for only say... 2-3 years. We got 60% off on a pair of $100 Bass. I think I heard the Hallelujah Choir as the cash register was ringing us up. I'm so glad to have the search for Clint's shoes finally come to an end.

Later that night we ate at Huck Finn's where they gave us "vittles" and guy with a guitar singing Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash songs. I have one video from the whole trip and it was while we were there. Listen closely in the background and you can hear Dad and Me arguing over our checks being separate. ha ha.

We went and visited The Christmas Place which again is huge and if I didn't have any restraint would end up spending way too much money, but this time I just enjoyed looking. I just loved seeing all the blue spruces covered in blue lights. Matter of fact, that's why I love going to Gatlinburg this time of year; Gatlinburg and all the surrounding cities are lit up with huge scenic light displays. We were trying to figure out the twelve days of Christmas by looking at the displays in the highway median. We never could get it straight.

From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008
From Thanksgiving 2008

I do have to say this. I could not believe the development that has grown up recently around the small -once- charming towns of Gburg. They have the Panama City stores up there now (with shark and all over the doorway) and questionable stores with big blinking signs... it broke my heart to see such a beautiful place get eaten up with trashy consumerism.

No comments: