TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 31, 2009

Bad Timing

Our house needed a lot of work done when I moved into it in 2003 or 2004. Being the Bob Villa-ette that I am, I enjoyed doing all of the renovating myself.

However, when it came to the walls and trim in the house I took the shortcut since I knew that work would be time consuming and tedious and there was so much more work to be done else where that seemed more important at the time. So, I just painted over the trim instead of sanding, stripping or chipping the old paint off and then painting it like I should have. Since it'd been painted over SO many times with oil base and then latex and then oil base again I knew my coat of paint would chip off very easily.

About a week or 2 ago, the paint started to chip in small places and land on the floor right were Dax plays. Dax is still in the everything goes in the mouth stage, especially since he tries to feed himself. That meant I needed to get on it and finally do it the right way.

I was afraid the old paint had lead in it and I didn't want Dax finding a piece on the floor and eating it. So, I picked up my paint chipper and started chipping away to get as much off as possible so it would be easier to sand.

Being the perfectionist I am, it really bugged me that I was going to have lots of company over before I would finish for Dax's b-day and everyone would see the ugly trim with paint half chipped off of it. So I decided to leave a couple of notes explaining the situation...

"Pardon our Progress"


From Dax's 1st Birthday



"Work Interrupted"


From Dax's 1st Birthday



"Ran Out Of Coffee"


From Dax's 1st Birthday



BIRTHDAY PICS COMING SOON.

No comments: