TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, April 10, 2009

Spending the Day with the Aunt and Uncle.

Friday, Uncle Alan (my mother's brother) came to retrieve Clint to work on putting up a ceiling at my late Grandfather's house, "Paw Paw". I thought it might be fun to ride over and check out their progress and then we'd ride over to see Aunt Sheila who hadn't seen Dax in a while.

While I was there, Uncle Alan reminded me that I needed to go through the house and get everything I wanted.

This process is such an awkward and long, yet funny process. See, the whole family (heirs to this massive fortune) - [ha ha] is hesitant about doing this because we don't want to get anything that the other might want. So of course we try to do it while all parties are present (we'll who ever has the time at the moment) which is where the long part comes in because we'll go through every single thing (like spatula, rotisserie, corning ware [I told you... really "valuable stuff" ha ha] and the conversation basically consists of "Do you want this, if you want this you get it." Then the other will basically answer with I don't need it and probably won't use it, so you take it" ... It's the same principle as everyone going out to diner and everyone arguing over wanting to pick up the check.

We're are all too nice and giving to the other that no one wants to be selfish and wouldn't dare risk causing hurt feelings over anything even if it's something as simple as one fork. Such is the nature of Southerners I believe.

I think - what a blessing to have the family we have. Working in the legal field, I saw how petty family members could be to each other.

And besides, I enjoy every minute with all of my Aunts and Uncles no matter what the circumstances.

Going through that kitchen wore us out and Dax was getting fussy so Aunt Sheila rocked him to sleep. He stayed content and conked out for quite a while. I wish I had my camera - it was sweet.

Later Tracey and her boyfriend Kyle came over and brought Dax a HUGE stuffed baby chick for Easter. Though Dax loves his chick, he didn't pay it much attention at the time, he'd rather have played with Kyle and Tracey and after giving them a long stare down that's exactly what he did. He loves loves loves his cousins. The last time Leah saw Dax he seemed just as content with her as he did me.


Since I didn't get one from the other day, here's a picture of Aunt Sheila while at the hospital visiting Dax the day he was born.

From Dax Delivery in St.V


and Uncle Alan when he was 1 1/2 mos. old

From Great Uncles and Great Aunts




No comments: