TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 13, 2009

Little Miss Brooklyn Grace

Sunday after we finished eating and rested up a bit, me and Mom drove over to my Great Aunt Lottie and Uncle Nola's to visit all the family after they finished eating their Sunday Diner. Aunt Lottie (Paw Paw's sister) is my mother's Aunt from the huge Swann family.

I have so many cousins on the Swann side. Aunt Lottie's family is just a fraction, but definitely one of my favorites and that goes for the whole lot of them. Aunt Betty's (another sister of Paw Paw's) family is my other favorite and her and Lottie are sometime inseparable. These two sisters married two of the most wonderful brothers who are/were some of the better people you'll ever meet. Uncle Nola and Uncle Jay. Aunt Betty's husband Jay passed away in 2007. He was such a sweet man and it was and still is such a great loss to the family. And Uncle Nola, I just can't say enough good things about him. I just love em, love em LOVE EM!

Picture from my wedding: left to right top Aunt Sheila (married to Alan: mother's brother) Swann; {my} Great Uncle Nola and Aunt Lottie Fines; Clint [looking dazed and confused]; me; Mom; Dad; Paw Paw; left to right middle Gary Elkins; Lori Elkin Grant; and her husband Scott; left to right bottom Uncle Alan Swann; Rhonda Cheek and her mother {my} Great Aunt Betty Fines; Nita Elkins (Aunt Lottie and Uncle Nola's Daughter); Lisa Elkins Huffstutler and her husband Gerald
From Swann Family

Okay, back to what I was talking about...I have some of the most precious cousins ever - Aunt Lottie's Granddaughters: Lori, Lisa, Stacey and Miranda.

Dax got to spend some time with Stacey during church service. She's so fun to be around. While she was standing up holding him she had to work hard to keep Dax from grabbing the lady's hair that was standing in front of us. That little boy wants to grab everything he can. I would have died if he'd got a hold of her hair because when he does get a handful he doesn't let go easily - Mama knows [OUCH].

I got to see Lori, Lisa and Miranda when we went to Aunt Lottie's. Lori has a baby girl named Brooklyn Grace. She is exactly 2 mos. older than Dax. Lisa her sister is expecting any day now. I was glad to hear that she's feeling so well this late in her pregnancy.

I loved seeing all my family there, Ricky, Nita and Gary, Sherry and Lori, Lisa and Miranda's husbands - I wish we could have stayed much much longer! There's not enough time in the day when it comes to spending time with your family. Especially the ones you don't get to see every week. And they are all so sweet and wonderful.

Dax got really excited when he saw Brooklyn. He didn't make a lot of facial expressions, but he started waving those arms and legs excitedly while Aunt Lottie was holding him and he was seeing Brooklyn. I got pictures and they are below.

Aunt Lottie holding Dax, Lori and Miss Brooklyn
From Easter Sunday 2009




From Easter Sunday 2009




From Easter Sunday 2009




From Easter Sunday 2009




From Easter Sunday 2009




From Easter Sunday 2009



Mama Lori and her Brooklyn
From Easter Sunday 2009



Ha ha, Lisa's pregnant belly, the back of Stacey's head, Dax, Lori and Brooklyn
From Easter Sunday 2009




No comments: