TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Acheiver...

I'm sure these posts are beginning to read a bit redundant to those who aren't family or who do not know any of the subjects in person.  However, it's quite the opposite for me especially when it comes to my family.  Because as I've mentioned before each of my nieces and nephews have their own unique personality and I love sharing my pride over each one of them.

Clint and I have a lot of nieces and nephews. Eight and counting.  Imagine remembering all those birthdays!  Actually, they are the only birthdays I've gotten a good handle on. Maybe it's because each one of them has brought tremendous joy to our family with their arrival til now. 


 Austin is the oldest of them all.  11 yrs old!!!


Right here I'd usually insert a picture and boy do I wish I had this one on the computer.  For sometime a picture hung on Clint's mother's wall of a sleeping newborn Austin with angel wings.  It - he was gorgeous.  He really did look like an angel.

11 years ago!  It's so hard to take that in.  It seems like yesterday I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack when a 3-yr old Austin stuck the key in the ignition of my car and turned it over.  He was sitting in the front seat of my car and I was in the passenger side just letting him play (he loved keys) and before I knew it, he'd cranked it up.   Thank goodness he didn't get a chance to put it in gear, or I'd have been a dead woman.  My very first lesson in underestimating what a baby/toddler is capable of.

I also have a picture of this not scanned in!  I'm a little behind on backing up old family photos.

We have three nephews from Clint's sister Diane and I love and remember each of them for the different little souls that they are.  In Austin's case, it was the constant excitement of seeing what he'd learn to do next.  He seemed incredibly smart early on.  Every time he'd come to his Grandmother's he'd dazzle us with his intelligence or his ability for sports at such a young age - even before he showed any interest in it like he is now.



Before Austin, hanging out with tots wasn't on the top of my list of favorite things to do but he changed that fast.  He was and still is such a cool little guy (he's not so little now...) that Clint and I would be willing to watch Stuart Little over and over again just to hangout with him. 


Not so little at all. Our Christmas present to A that was just a bit ;o) too small though it's hard to tell in this picture.
He'd grown quite a bit since I'd last saw him.

He had the cutest personality from the get go.  Austin used to ask his Grandmother if she'd been to the Hoggly Woggly (Piggly Wiggly).  I always got so tickled at Austin's reaction to situations or what he'd have to say about them. When I was in labor with Dax and the whole family was in the room (before I got to 10 and the nurses chased everyone out)  Diane informed me Austin wanted to come say hey to me.   So Austin walked up to the bed.  Very excited and happy to see him I said "Hey man! look at you, so tall - love the 'do' (he'd let his hair grow out)."  Before I could finish my sentence  I got a huge contraction (epidural had worn off) and made the most horrible face, grabbed the rails of the bed like I was bracing myself to drive off a cliff and let out the biggest moan.  Poor Austin calmly but quickly said "okay, so - I'll see you later" and ran back to safety on the couch with his Uncle Clint and his younger brother Anderson!   I couldn't even wait for that horrible contraction to end before I burst out laughing because the look on Austin's face was classic.  Having him, as well as Diane, Anderson and and the rest of our families, there at the biggest moment in mine and Clint's life - Dax's beginning - made that day even more memorable.

Anderson, Clint and Austin on August 1, 2008 Dax's D-day.  Right before I scared Austin to death

Austin, I look forward to seeing what wonderful things your life will bring.  With your intelligence, good nature, athletic abilities and many other great qualities - the sky is the limit and I hope we'll always be there to share it with you.  I regret that we don't live much closer so we would be sure to miss nothing.  You are and always will be very special to Uncle Clint, myself and of course, Dax too!!  Have a wonderful Birthday!!


No comments: