TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mr. Blue Eyes


From Spinner Dax


A friend of mine told me when I was 7 mos. pregnant that when we look at our babies, we think and feel as if they "are" the most beautiful thing in the world. The most beautiful thing we've ever seen. And then later, we look back and notice that they were actually kind of funny looking. A crooked nose or etc.
I remembered Ashley's comment when I was looking back at Dax's pictures in the 1st several weeks. At the time I did think every thing about my baby was just heavenly and beautiful.
When I look at him now and then look at those pictures I totally see what she meant. He's so much prettier now than he was when he was a newborn. Dax had huge hands for his proportionally smaller body. His eyes were so squinty and swollen while his head looked like a flesh shaped bullet. haha. But he was still beautiful.
Now Clint makes fun of his ears, we both throw in jabs about his head (Paw Paw says poor boy hasn't got a chance with all our name calling). :)
But all that aside he's still guess what? You got it. Gorgeous. He steals my heart whenever he stares at me with those big blue eyes or pokes that bottom lip out just like he did the first time I held him after the doctor plopped him on my stomach. Meghan the nurse saw that face with that lip poked out and said "oh he's going to melt yawl's hearts, I can tell."
But, it's not just him. I've now got a newly found love for staring at babies that I don't think was present before. And I could stare at mine or anyone's baby all day long. They are all just beautiful. With their peaceful sleeps, gentle sighs... goodness.
Actually I take that back (about not believing babies were so beautiful before mine).
The first time I saw my niece Natalie Ellen I almost cried. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen to that point hands down.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We must get our little blue eyed men together soon!!!!!