TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Lifetime of Special People - Sue Ann

February 14.. Valintines Day...

WHO:

It's hard to know where to start with this posts.  I'll start out with the fact that she is the most perfect    (double superlative... totally necessary)   example of what a best friend is and should be.  God blessed my mother with one of the best friends you could possibly imagine.

We all know that no one is bigger in our hearts than our own Mama's... and being good to my Mama is the same as being good to me. 

Actually Sue Ann has been very good to me as well.  If I ever needed anything - anything at all, I'm certain all I'd have to do is ask and she'd be there - except for maybe breaking the law.  I don't think she likes me well enough to do that.   But I bet I could talk Heath into it.  ;o) 

All joking aside.  Sue Ann has always been there for our family.   Long before weddings and showers, but those too.

WHY:

Sue Ann is a part of my past as much as anyone that are and will be mentioned in these posts.  I have so many memories wrapped up in the McKnight family I wouldn't care to imagine what it would have been like if they'd stayed in Mississippi where they are from. 

It's all too perfect that my Dad is best friends with Leonard too (Sue Ann's husband) ... who I'm just going to go ahead and dedicate this to him as well here now instead of on his birthday as I'm sure he no longer recognizes them... ) Heck, I'll just dedicate this one to the whole family... but Sue Ann first and foremost.

I have heard of friends as good as the one she's been to my mom, but honestly I've never seen them myself.  Of course I've seen that dedication out of my own blood relatives, but not from an unrelated acquaintence.  But Sue Ann proves they do exist.  She's a good person, a good mom, loves her grandchildren to the fullest and like I've already said, a very good friend.  

My brother and I used to love to watch mom and her work the crowd while waiting in the car after church.  They'd spot someone across the parking lot - wave or "point" them down with big smiles and commence  a pleasant but seemingly neverending conversation much to my Dad's dismay.  One of those "you'd have to see it to understand it" moments but truly hilarious. 

Then of course there were the bargain shopping trips.  My mom and Sue Ann were the original "bargainomics" ladies.  I'd follow them around to the point of exhaustion during shopping Saturdays to which they'd go through every item in the store looking for - if not trying to out do each other on finding - the best bargain of the day.  For someone who hates to shop it could sometime be down right tortuous but obviously not enough for me not to look back on it fondly

Sue Ann more than once took the time to hand make something for me and then later for Dax.  Her mother even did so as well!!  Mrs. Warren who is a beautiful person to meet and talk to herself gave Clint and I pillow cases that had her embroidery on them.  When someone takes time out to hand make something - for me... it touches my heart and will always be cherished. 

Sue Ann, thank you for being the person you are and being such a wondeful asset to our family!  Have a wonderful and blessed birthday.  I pray you have many more.

As for you Leonard... "My heroes have always been cowboys, and they still are it seems."  You and my father are not the type of cowboys Willie Nelson sang about (thank goodness) but heroes nonetheless.  Men of your integrity and unwavering values are a dying breed I'm afraid.  But you are proof they still exist and are alive and well. 

As for Scott - there's never been a time your quiteness and shy grin wasn't appreciated especially since I always had too much to say.  I can't help but laugh... I was always envious of your calm and quite nature.    and Heath:  I can still whip you, so watch out!

Sue Ann and Mom
From Miscellaneous

No comments: