TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Enjoying the Spectacle!

Dax likes to move move move. This week I can literally feel him move off and on all day long. Last week I had to be in a certain position. I found it by happenstance. I was putting a big pillow under my knees (that’s to keep me from sleeping on my back). When I reached up to get something I noticed a big thump thump. The closer I pull my knees to my chest, the more he moves and the easier I can feel him.

Picture me sitting on the bed in a delivery position (the one you see in the movies anyway) holding my knees up to my chest with my feet dangling in the air talking to my stomach. Clint walked into the room and said WHAT are you doing???? I said "he moves when I do this – like crazy" Clint said "stop it – he probably doesn't’t like it!" I can’t help but to try it every now and then anyways. Sometimes it feels like my stomach being taken on a roller coaster ride. Even though I love roller coasters, I hate the Free Fall and other rides like that because it does nothing but take your stomach. But when Dax does it, I find myself sitting there wanting him to do it again. ;)

But, now I wait until Clint has gone to work so he dozen’t have a hissy. But we both talk to the belly no matter how ridiculous it may look or sound, because Dax moves more if you talk to him. The bad thing is, is that it’s in the same tone that we talk to the cats, so when I’m in there doing that – they come a running. This morning, !TORNADO! came to see me, and when he saw me poking gently on my belly in certain places (which will also get a reaction from Dax) !TORNADO! started making biscuits too, but on the bed (you know, when they start gently stepping repetitively like they are kneading dough – well, we call that making biscuits). For a minute he reached out his paw like he was going to make biscuits on my belly (like they normally love to do) but then after thinking over the matter, he pulled his paw back and continued making biscuits on the bed. Oh yes, animals do sense when you are pregnant. It may be the way everyone is careful around you as well as yourself or they just have that instinct, but they definitely know. !TORNADO! noticed sooner (about 4wks of me being pregnant) – it took Gracie kitty a LOT longer (about 16 wks).

Since they’ve noticed, they follow me everywhere I go, sleep by me or at my feet, wake me up in the middle of the night by putting their cold nose on my face and even bypass jumping or stepping on my stomach when coming to be pet. Sometimes I get hot in the middle of the night and will get up and walk outside – these cats will get up with me, follow me, watch me out the window while I’m outside, and then follow me back to bed. It’s absolutely crazy. These cats never did this to me before. They always were Clint’s babies and very rarely bothered me – only when he wasn’t there occasionally. I never liked clingy cats, but now it’s just so crazy and sweet that it really doesn’t bother me. Those two cats are like Clint who?

We finally made it to BabiesRus to register, and Clint walked around the store the entire time like a big kid playing with the scanner. He was like "I just scanned your foot, now I scanned your hiny and now I’m scanning Dax. HAHA! I did most of it online, as I knew it would be complete torture for me to get the smaller detailed stuff.

When it came to the bedding stuff I figured Clint could care less – NOPE! He was very particular. He made sure that even though Dax is going to be a newborn and could care less what his surroundings looked like – every thing had to be very much a "man’s man kind of room for baby" lol. Anything that had yellow, stars or looked remotely too cute, Clint said No way!

No comments: