TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken Soup For The Silly Soul

Around midnight I awoke to a huge drop in temperature.  So, I got up to put warmer clothes on Dax (we got home late after watching the AU game at a friends house, so we just put him down in the shorts and sleeveless shirt he was wearing that day).  He also needed his diaper changed, so I was hoping to achieve all this without waking him up.  To my surprise, I actually succeeded.  Amazing considering all the commotion!

Commotion?  Right after I got his diaper changed and was getting ready to put his pants on, out of nowhere a loud noise rang out.  A long extremely loud whoopy cushion sounding fart.  Now, whether it came from Clint, Dax or [ahem] someone else the barking spider,  is beside the point.  I looked at Dax, hoping that didn't wake him up.  Still in a deep sleep, Dax laughed out loud and with eyes still shut gave this huge sly grin and then proceeded to make loud poot noises with his mouth.  He did this about 3 times - the whole time never opening his eyes.  Dax's reaction is what caused me to get so tickled I couldn't keep quite.  Me laughing out loud myself at this point didn't even wake him up.  Or Clint for that matter. 

Sorry, to take this blog to the toilet - literally.  ha ha.  But I had to share.  Hopefully you got as tickled as I did (or maybe it was a "you'd just had to have been there").

I've tried over and over to stop being so silly about gas humor and I always think I've started to succeed, right up until it happens again.  The unsuspecting passing of gas will get me every time.  Embarrassing as it may be, I'm starting to make peace with the fact that flatulence will always be hilarious to me.  I mean it's almost as if it's in my DNA.  Not cutting the cheese, cracking up over it.   My smart, sweet, pillar of the community and good Christian Grandmother Mildred would get hysterical over the walking poots.  My mother would have to spit her drink out from laughing if someone let one in a fancy restaurant and everyone heard it (I use that example because that did actually happen.  With the offender being my older brother when he was a baby).  After Dax laughing out loud in his sleep, I'm convinced it's in our humor DNA.

After listening to Rick n Bubba (who I never liked until recently) this morning, I don't feel so bad.  They had recorded footage of a city council meeting in which someone let a loud one right in the middle of a proposal.  It took them a while to proceed because no matter how hard the speaker tried to ignore it, she couldn't because everyone else was still trying to contain their laughter. 

No comments: