TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dax's 1st "25" Days of Christmas

On the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th Day of Christmas...

We have been having a blast so far with Dax's 1st Christmas. Though he doesn't know much about it, Clint and I both have had the Christmas Spirit. We bought our tree from Lowe's which was good for price, but bad for maintenance. I have to vacuum up pine needles every day! My cousin Misty works at First Priority and had told me that their trees are fresh, but since we were pressed for time the night we got the tree and the fact it was across town, I let Clint talk me into a Lowe's tree again. Never again! They are pretty enough but they were cut in October, so they are already on borrowed time.

When I saw the reindeer outfit for Dax, I just had to get it. Clint makes fun of it saying that when Dax gets older he's going to be so mad at me for putting him in that outfit and compares it to the pink bunny outfit from the movie "A Christmas Story." Well, I beg to differ. Reindeer's equal cool, while pink bunny equals fruity and a little eccentric especially during Christmas. Ha ha.

I always said that though I don't want to keep Dax from having fun during Christmas, I want him to grow up knowing the real reason for Christmas, and not the consumer part of it. Seeing the reindeer outfit, you'd think I'm already starting to fall in that trap, but better to do it now than later b/c now he really isn't old enough to know what's going on.

I'm more than likely not going to have his picture made with Santa. Not necessarily b/c I don't want to send him the wrong idea about why we celebrate Christmas but b/c I can probably take enough good pictures with my own camera and it takes too long to wait in those lines just for Dax to sit in a heavy man's lap who is dressed in a funny red suit with a funny hat AND knowing all that will leave Dax with a lost look while he attempts to figure out why that man is dressed so funny and why they are taking pictures with that funny looking man that he more than likely will not be smiling in the picture. So, don't expect any Santa pictures. ha ha.

Not that I'm knocking anybody that does have their kid' s picture with Santa. I know it's tradition, it's just a tradition I'm not likely to start unless he wants to have his picture taken with Santa. Since he's too young to vocalize such - I'm off the hook. Ha ha.

I have been constantly decorating the house by making my own wreaths, garland and swags and bows to go on everything and will probably still be doing so until the last week. So talk about your waste of time. ; )

We will finally get to see Dax's Grandmother's side of the family this month, and we cannot wait!! I especially can't wait to see Clint's nephew's Austin, Anderson and Ashton along with Aunt Diane and Uncle Cale. Also, Dax's 3rd cousins will be coming to visit him and see him for the first time!! Katelyn and Kourtney.

As for Brian, Emma Brown and my sweet sweet nieces and nephews, Natalie Ellen, Owen, Claire and Isaac. Aunt Teri and Uncle Clint and Dax love you so much and we can't wait to see you asap. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year. We look forward to talking with you on the phone!!


From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
JB took Dax to see Granny Burr

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
The picture Clint's afraid of surfacing when Dax is older

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
Okay, enough of the reindeer outfit... it's just so darn cute

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
Christmas on the River, the only picture I managed to get

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
Tracey and her new pup

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
Leah and Dax

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas
If ever a good time to resemble an elf

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

From 1 - 9 Days of Christmas

No comments: