TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm New Here! 1st Week Into the World

Wow, I have to admit that I'm already sad that it's day 10 and it has flown by. It made me realize the value of each and every moment I get to spend with my son. Clint goes back to work Wednesday and we are going to miss him terribly and then when I go back I know I'm totally going to be walking out of daycare crying! How do working moms manage? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Dax has grown so much since we've been home. When Clint measured him 3 days ago, he was 21 and 1/2 inches. He eats like a champion! And the more we look at him the more I wonder if I contributed any DNA whatsoever to this child, because he is identical to Clint right down to the wrinkles in his hand. (that's okay, as long as Dax grows up to be right about everything and have the ability to win every argument and finish with "I told you so" then I'll be certain he got a little of his Mama in him - ha ha) Just kidding of course. I actually hope he gets his Daddy's personality as well. Clint's personality is really hard to beat.

Clint and I love holding and staring at him just to see how many different facial expressions we can get in a minute. It's sooooo precious!! and funny. (Yes, I promise that's the last time I'll tell you how precious he is. Ha- maybe the last time. :)

One thing is for sure, Dax is going to be quite the comedian. He has us laughing so much and just like many have told us being 1st time parents of a newborn is so much fun. But most importantly it took a very short time to see that our lives now had a purpose that we never had before. Truly gives life new meaning.
What keeps us laughing? For one, it's not that we get peed on that makes us laugh - it's the moment he chooses to do it and the fact that we always think we're ready for him and as soon as we let our guard down that's when he nails us. LOL! Last Thursday he managed to catch Me, Clint and Mom off guard and peed on us all in the same day.

He started off with me. While I had my hand on him as I was turned around reaching into his diaper bag I felt tapping on my head (I thought it was Clint messing with me). So I turned around to see why Clint was taping on my head but of course it wasn't Clint, it was Dax peeing on my head. Thank goodness that the moment I turned in that direction he redirected his aim to the right or otherwise I would have caught it right in the mouth! Never in my life did I think that getting urine in my hair would make me laugh instead of upsetting me, but it did exactly that. I was laughing so hard that I had to stop before I could change his diaper. Of course later it was Clint, then an unsuspecting Maw Maw (who had previously laughed out loud when I told her about Dax peeing on my head) ;) Guess he wanted to show Maw Maw that no one would be spared. ;)

Oh! and the Grandparents... priceless!!! I know Paw Paw (my Dad) loves him so much (my Dad is hopelessly in love with all his grandchildren - you can see it in his eyes) but I know he's just dying for Dax to get old enough to throw that boy on a horse or give him a ride on one of his tractors. As far as Grandmother (Clint's mother) and Maw Maw (my mother) go... well, let's just say that there is not a minute that either of them are around Dax that they are not holding him the entire time. As soon as they walk in the door, they're ready to take him from us with no apologies (so sweet).

Grandmother kissed every square inch of his head the other day (several times over) while we were visiting her at the river and when we were at Maw Maw's house Dax was in his car seat asleep and Maw Maw didn't want to disturb him, so she just picked up the car seat and put it in her lap! and held him that way until we left. ha ha. I should have taken a picture of it.

Seeing the Grandparents with Dax makes mine and Clint's heart smile - VERY BIG!! As well as the Aunts and Uncles - Great and even Great Great. 1st and 2nd and 3rd cousins! We are so blessed to have the family we have.

Brian and Emma Brown, I can't wait until the day that y'all get to see him in person - It's about time for us to meet Isaac and see my sweet Natalie Ellen, Owen and Claire. I know Dax will love them.
Til next week!

Feeding Dax and watching video of Dax's birth (right after his birth - not the actual birth)


From 1st Week Album


Dax while I was updating his page on the 1st night home.


From 1st Week Album


Dax studying Clint's face.


From 1st Week Album


Clint picked out this outfit - ha ha.


From 1st Week Album


Watching a DVD of the Chic-fil-A Bowl courtesy of Dan.


From 1st Week Album


Naked as a Jay Bird but sooo cute.


From 1st Week Album


Sweet Boy


From 1st Week Album

No comments: