TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 26, 2007

IRON BOWL & Still Spreading Our Joy

This morning (Iron Bowl Day) we had our usual breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Paw Paw, only Paw Paw was sick and couldn't make it, so it was Clint, Me, Uncle Alan and Aunt Sheila and Leah and Tracey and Mom and Dad. We were all decked out in our team shirts, Auburn of course, EXCEPT for Mom - only UA fan there – well besides Dad, but he very rarely wears team colors and though leans toward Alabama, he's really interested in both teams.

Mom not even giving the waitress time to put the coffee on the table looked at me and said "are you going to tell them?"

Everybody got quite and was staring at us, I looked and them and said "Clint and I have decided to become Alabama fans…." Then I said "just kidding, we're having a baby" They were all super excited and after all the congratulations quieted down... Uncle Alan looked at Clint while chuckling and said "Cuz, how did that happen." ha ha.

Since mom and Dad were going to TN and coming back that afternoon and it's sooooo pretty this time of year, I decided to ride up with them. While there I got my first symptoms of carrying a bundle and one of them [which was extremely out of the ordinary for me] a case of the sleepys. I took a nap on the way there AND on the way back.

When I got home I almost went straight to bed immediately. I wanted to watch the game with Clint – we always decide to watch the Iron Bowl with just us [too critical a game, you know?] but I was so tired, I just went straight too bed. We were taping it and I figured I'd wake up to catch the end of it. I didn't.

Auburn won with the first ever 6 Iron Bowl wins in a row and I missed it. Though I did get up EARLY the next morning and watch it, at the time I couldn't have cared less... I was growing one of God's little miracles... [ I KNOW! GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY TERI!! ] ha ha ha. I'm just so excited!! What a sweet sweet year 2007 had ended up being.

No comments: