TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, February 18, 2011

And So It's Twenty Eleven

Kid you are all up in my personal space is something Dax gets told at least 3 times a week.  Through frustrated looks of course.  I never say that out loud, because, well, he's 2 and he's actually supposed to be all up in my space. 

[As I type right now, he's sitting in my lap trying to block my view of the screen by putting his face right in mine and repeating "Mama!! What are you doing?!?"  over and over and over.  crazy kid...]

I would however enjoy a 15 minute break every now and then when I can do something like - Oh - I don't know - go to the bathroom, load the dishwasher, pay bills online without Dax saying "Can I hold you?"  Of course it's terribly sweet, but after several months of things piling up and not getting done, I'm starting to get all hot and bothered just thinking about finishing a task such as doing the laundry.  I kid you not!

I'm seriously having sweet dreams about getting usually dreaded errands/duties done?  That's because "me time" is absolutely out of the question (I mean, I can't even do chores without entertaining my child).  Actually hearing someone complain about the word "me time" makes me want to projectile vomit!  Okay, now I'm being unfair and I know everyone needs a little "me time" but if you have a kid that's 2ish, that's just not realistic.  Not with my 2yr old anyway.  A female living in my world doesn't even get to bath alone.  Personal hygiene such as shaving my legs has to be done in secret in the wee hours of the morning when everyone's asleep.  But that's another story...

Though I would definitely love to say I've learned to manage my time, until I do I console myself with the fun of having a two year old.  The way I see it, is this kind of sweet SWEET blessing doesn't come without a price.  If being the hairy legged pony tail wearing / au naturale looking female as well as all the other things listed above is the only price I have to pay, then I'll gladly do so.

Actually, if I'm able to get myself in the right mind set, then sitting back and letting Dax "hold you" is pretty relaxing.  I'm painfully aware that there will be a day when I long to hear that phrase just one more time..

I'm really embarrassed to complain about not finding time because of my two year old when around those such as my SIL who has 5 kids and another one on the way.  I was relieved by what she told my mom, that it really did seem harder to manage 1 child than it does with her 5.  I guess maybe because by the 2nd to 5th child you've figured out how to juggle everything.
[Does Teri ever find a happy medium between juggling chores, raising her child and getting time to address personal hygiene for herself? tune in to next months episode entitled "IT"to find out]

Global Warming Is Just Being Coy
When I was a kid it snowed at least once every year. Then, for at least a decade, it seems, we only got snow every two to three years. Now we are back in the good ole days (though anyone reading this right now would be thinking "HUH?!") and since Dax has been alive it has snowed every year. He's only two but he's experienced snow 4 times. Pretty cool in my opinion.


We were surprised at Dax. The first thing he did when he got out in the snow was lay down in it and say Snow Angel! I don't recall teaching him that, but who knows. Don't have a pic of it b/c the camera I have at the moment is a bit slow. Can't wait until I get MINE back.

Oh, gonna have a lot of plants to replace this Spring. Hope this won't be one of them.



Waste Nothing Want Nothing
Clint and Dax coloring on the backside of old unwanted unused wrapping paper.  Some people have an addiction to buying shoes, I have an addiction to buying wrapping paper.  So, when I run out of room to store all of the rolls I have, instead of throwing unused ones away, I let Dax do his thing.  He loves it.  It's like a never ending piece of paper and then of course there's the big cardboard roll that kids everybody loves to play with.


DIY Queen
We finally started staining our customized EC that we had Carpenter Rick build.  Maybe one of these days we'll finish, so the Rick can come back over and finish putting the doors on it and get it lifted and mounted to the wall.  Seeing how long it takes me to get through our usual weekly 6-7 loads of clothes, it might be a while.  Especially considering all the other DIY stuff around our old house that needs to be done.  I'm really starting to get that itch to build.  Not ready to scratch it yet, but... it's definitely getting my attention.  Sounds like it's time for a vote:



Say What?
Dax has some new phrases that's been around for a few months, but he's mastered to the point that he's even got both Clint and I repeating them as well. So, I thought this month would be a good time to share:
1.  Don't worry Mama, we'll help you. (when he's asked where something is and we tell him we don't know.  i.e. "where's Brobee Bear?"  "I don't know baby, where did you leave it?"  "Don't worry Mama, we'll help you!") 
2.  Daddy Up! (Anytime he sees Clint doing push ups he runs and gets on his back and proceeds to tell Clint to continue by saying that)
3.  U Poot Daddy (I think you've got an idea why he says this - it's just so darn cute the way he says it)
4.  Excuse you (After he's burped - on purpose I might add)  Which is a step up from Dear old Dad b/c when Clint belches (or passes gas) he says "bless me."  He claims that he can never remember the phrase appropriate.  I think he's just being silly.  ha ha.  That or he just wants me to explain ~ just one more time ~ that you don't say "bless me" when you you burp, you say it when someone else sneezes and they're supposed to say it to you, you don't say it to yourself.  
5.  NO THANK YOU!!! [loudly and sternly] He says this when he doesn't want to put a shirt on, socks on or anything he needs and he feels we are trying to force on him.

Instead of Dax being the mockingbird and mocking everything we say, Clint and I have found ourselves mocking him or using his phrases when talking to each other ourselves.  It's too funny.

A Lifetime of Waiting!
You know I wasn't going to miss Auburn's celebration for the 2010 National Championship.  After my generation witnessing more than one undefeated season without a shot at the Championship it was super sweet to see Auburn finally get that shot and take it - What an awesome year and what a fun day of celebrating.  The man responsible for my Auburn fanaticism, Uncle Alan, took Leah, Tracey (his daughters) Katie (their friend) and myself down to the celebration.  Clint would have been there if he wouldn't of had to work.

Thought of the Day:  Governor Bentley, I know your Alma Mater is University of Alabama, but did you have to mention their championships at our party??  Rudely played, Sir, rudely played.

Me, Tracey, Katie and Leah
Uncle Alan and Me sans cool crocheted hat
I really wish I had more pictures, but like I said above, I don't have my camera, so until then I'm having to make due with the huge dinosaur digital.  It's still a great camera, it just doesn't take very good pictures in low light - which seems to be the setting for all my pictures and I hate the flash.

No comments: