TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, January 21, 2011

FRA - GIL - EE



It's crazy to sit and think back on all the reasons I used to tell myself that I wasn't ready for kids yet (years ago). "I'm not ready to give up my cool, pretty, or pricey house ornaments and replace them with pieces of toys, broken crayons and kiddy books strolled out all over the floor"... You'd think that I was being insanely materialistic, but actually it was just because I just wasn't ready for children yet and I'd use the dumbest of excuses to let myself off the hook.

That's strange to me, especially since I've had nieces and nephews way before that time and if they broke something I thought was important to me, it took all of 2 seconds to get over it. Because actually, their feelings and importance of exploration was 10 times more important than some meaningless object I'd probably paid too much for anyway. I should've guessed that I'd care even less about my own child breaking my pretty things.

This Christmas has been a test to that thought. So far Dax has put the following Christmas Decorations out of commission:

1. Crystal C-mas Tree embellished with sterling silver ornaments placed on a musical stand.
2. Bisque porcelain Santa Clause .
3. My favorite "Best Stressed" Dolly Mama's (he opened the presents she was holding - ha ha ha and pulled off the lights)


4. "A Christmas Story" Leg Lamp brought back from Ohio (where the movie was filmed) by my Aunt Sheila [salvaged by crazy glue and a little black paint]
5. Ceramic Japanese Geisha tree ornament that my Late Grandmother made (this one will actually survive thanks to crazy glue as well).
6. Santa Clause Candy cane holder.
7. Tall whimsical ceramic Santa Clause (Little guy must have something against the jolly man - that probably won't last. Especially when he figures out that Santa is the one that checks his list twice. He'll stop being Naughty and give a tryout to being Nice.
8.  Huge Bowl Apple Cinnamon Candle


I know there was more, but right now I'm hard pressed to remember. Why? Because they are, of course, only things.  It's safe to say I passed this test with flying colors.  I had to act upset more than I was to be sure he understood that it's not okay to break things.

I like to look on the bright side:  It was taking me way too long to put up all my C-mas decorations anyways and another thing is that I still have plenty of stuff left to put back into storage and break out next year for their next fight for survival.

No comments: