TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Been Interesting

The difference with Christmas of 2007 and 2008 from Christmases past was Dax's beginning.   In 2007 I found out I was pregnant the day after Thanksgiving so that put me at the morning sickness stage right when Christmas came around. Last year, of course, was special because it was his first at 4 mos old.  However, even though those two Holiday seasons were special because Dax had come into our lives, it'd been Christmas business as usual. I/We did everything just like all the other years - followed every tradition down to the T.

This year some of my traditions fell by the wayside while new traditions began. The worst tradition breaker was the tree. I never put a tree up. I missed the opportunity early in December and by the time I got to a weekend when we had time, the real trees were no where to be found. Even the Christmas Tree Farm was closed. I don't like fake trees, so... I just never put one up.

Since I was eleven, I would put mom's tree up and then I'd get a real one to go in my room with swank self made ornaments.  So not putting a tree up was a huge deal but surprisingly it didn't bother me at all.   I mean, it wasn't like Ebenezer Scrooge lived here or anything. I think the Christmas spirits of past, present and future cut me some slack and stayed away from my dreams the night before Christmas.  I didn't get the urge to go wrangle up Tiny Tim and shove Christmas Turkey down his throat from guilt of being a bah humbug.   It still felt like Christmas without it.

When I finally got gifts wrapped, I put them around my stand in tree.  This is what used to go in my office for decoration. "Best Stressed" wasn't so fitting this year:  Hopefully it will stay that way.  I'm into having hassle-less Christmases from here on out.

From Winter 2009

From Winter 2009

I'll be posting pictures from our Christmas this year in the next couple of days... weeks... hopefully it won't take months because there are a lot and they'll probably be interesting to no one but our family.

So, for all family checking in to see them, here are few to tide you over...very few.  (There was a hilarious video of Dax helping me wrap to go with them, but I'm sorry to say that I somehow managed to delete it.)

Clint and Dax having fun while I wrapped presents

From Winter 2009

From Winter 2009

No comments: