TWO MEN & A LADY

This is Our Life ~ Our Photo Book ~ Our Journal that will never sit on a shelf, be placed in a chest or find its spot in the attic but instead put on display for all of you so you can share in our joy and sorrows that come complete with life. Learn from our mistakes (THERE ARE MANY) or give advice when needed. Welcome!
Clint ~Teri & Dax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Touch my Belly

You know how you hear most pregnant woman don't like for you to touch their belly… I love it. It's really funny – especially the people that say "I know this is rude, but I'm just dying to feel the belly!"

Despite hating it in the first 2-3 months (b/c there was nothing there to feel) I don't mind at all – not even strangers.

Actually I'm likely to grab people's hand (that I know) and say "oh my gosh! You've got to feel this." Especially when I'm having a BH contraction or Dax balls up in front of my stomach and it feels like a bowling ball. That always trips me out!

I have a belly book that has a picture slot for every week. I was so sad b/c really there was nothing there to take a picture of (see week 18 picture). Now that it seems to have really shown up over night, I've got something to take a picture of. I don't even bother w/ Clint taking them anymore; I discovered it's easier to do it myself.

I was wrong when I thought I didn't want the belly – right now the only fun I'm having is the belly. I would say when Dax starts getting active, I love that too – but since his favorite thing to do is stomp on my ribs – not too sure I like that. I get a mental picture in my head of him sitting up right inside my ribs and pushing out and I can't help to think – oh goodness, this kid hates me already… ;)

So I've got 2 months to go and right when I start getting exhausted and nauseated again! And virtually sleepless, crampy legs and a whole mess of other pains (thank goodness no backache – or swelling feet – yet!) I decide that is when it's time to start doing everything. I hate that I didn't do all this when I felt great 2 mos ago.

We put the crib together it is looks great, but now I've decided that I want to add a navy stripe to the other light blue stripes that I painted 4 years ago (trust me, it sounds crazy but it's going to look great - I think). :)

Funny, my fascination with stripes, squares and diamonds has led a friend to make the comment that I'm turning my house into Candyland. Ha! I'll see if I can attach the pictures to this blog and let y'all be the judge – if not I'll put them in Dax's pictures.

Everyone thought it was so perfect when we found out we were having a boy and Clint said – that's great b/c you don't have to repaint his room. (I've got to explain that I love to paint, and though Clint hates it he has in the past offered. I refuse to let him b/c it's one of the few things I can be quite obsessive about. So he's not allowed to even touch a paint roller.

He helped me one time when I lived somewhere else and it was during the summer. A mosquito got in the house and landed on the wet paint and got stuck – Clint just kept ..ing right over the mosquito and that's why he's not allowed to paint; he doesn't have the patience).

Anyways, I agreed – that it's perfect that we were having a boy and I didn't have to repaint the room, but in the back of my mind I just knew something was going to have to be added. So this weekend I started taping down the stripes that I wouldn't need a laser level for (the easy part) and it wore me out. All day of working on it I only got to one wall and a corner – pre prego it would have been completely finished.

This is going to kill me I know it.

Then I've got to alter the bedding. I can't be satisfied w/ anything unless I've done it myself. Why? B/c I've got too many ideas and I'm frugal. I don't have curtains in my house except for like two rooms and that's b/c all the ones I want are way way two expensive for my big windows so I'd rather make them myself. I'm not trying to sound like I've got style or taste b/c I actually don't LOL! I'm just particular w/ my own style. Let me know what you think about adding the Navy stripe… I'm gonna do it anyway b/c I've already got pretty navy curtains, but I'm curious to know if it might look crazy to other people.

No comments: